Sunday, August 27, 2006

So far, so good ...

As well as having some gorgeous weather this week, we've also had some cosy times. One rainy morning I awoke feeling a part of one of my favourite childhood books Peg's Fairy Book by Peg Maltby. My darling and I were snug under a lovely patchwork quilt (that part is true enough) while the elements did as they wished. I retrieved my precious copy from the bookcase along with Ben and Bella and did a little research to find out more about Peg. Although she is no longer alive, she did live in Melbourne and welcomed admirers to her garden and studio. What a treat.

Further searching of favourite authors of long-ago brought me to the Enid Blyton Society (I don't know how to incorporate links as yet) but how wonderful that adults can still be passionate about their early 'loves'. Annual Enid Blyton days are held and some have special picnics with all the essential Blyton goodies all washed down with ginger beer. Sounds like fun . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home