Sunday, September 03, 2006

Spring


We have experienced some gorgeous weather as we entered Spring this week. The wattle blossoms are absolutely stunning as well as the heavily laden camelias.

As a 'follow-up' to our very special walk along the Thames Path this English summer, we have continued to step out and I try to walk the 10 kilometre journey to where I work at least twice a week. It's fascinating what you notice when on foot rather than stuck in a car. Part of my journey is along the cycle path by Gardiner's Creek before it meets the Yarra River (where the above photo was taken). Another section includes a stretch of concrete footpaths along quite a busy road, not my favourite, but just look at this section. Obviously the concrete was poured during autumn as the leaves from the tree branches above dropped onto it. I think it looks quite beautiful.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home