Monday, May 07, 2007

Autumn and the winds of change


Autumn has definitely arrived and there is a certain chill in the air most evenings. Up at the cottage the season is more advanced and the colours are stunning. To ‘ring in the changes’ I have replaced the ‘ambling along’ spring view from our front verandah with the autumn one.


Melbourne too is full of russet colours and many streets are lined with deciduous trees which are now dropping their leaves. I took these images at work today as I love viewing the changing seasons in the grounds. As you can see it is a beautiful environment to spend each day and I now can’t imagine working anywhere else.


Speaking of changes, my darling thinks that sooner rather than later is the best time to move to the home of our 'autumn years'. Now that we are grandparents (and approaching the grand old age of fifty!) we need a Nanna’s House with facilities like public transport and shopping close by. Recently we discovered such a place nearby, “Rose Cottage”, and I must admit that I’m tending to agree with him as already the thought of all that a move entails is daunting, so I can imagine how I would feel in 15 or 20 years time. I think I would just put the whole idea into the ‘too hard basket’!

If we do decide to move I’ll just have to add one condition … chooks will be essential at Nanna and Pa’s house!

I would appreciate any of your thoughts on this issue.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

One of the nice things about reading favorite blogs is seeing "the other part of the world"!

We are just getting warm and having everything bloom here in the Midwest, USA and you are preparing for beautiful autumn!

We actually moved to the country after becoming grandparents. However, the place you're thinking of sounds perfect. I do miss being able to walk to a grocery store.

9:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home