Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Memories


Dear daughter and her prince celebrated their first wedding anniversary on Sunday and what a wonderful year it has been.

Time is an unfathomable thing. Remembering that happy day only one year before and realizing it now belongs to a foreign country 'The Past' makes one relish the present while still enjoying the memories. Often I find myself thinking “there is nowhere I would rather be than right here enjoying ……!” Yesterday it was the walk in the sunshine with dear daughter and little Belle; it was also hanging the clothes on the line in the fresh breeze; it was enjoying some delicious wedding cake kept especially for the anniversary; and it was sleepily snuggling under a cozy quilt with my darling. Life’s treasures!

P.S. Here I am in action preparing the wedding cake (it was fun with my sister and aunt lending a hand). Dear daughter asked me to bake a fruit cake for the top tier so it would keep and she wanted chocolate mud cakes for the bottom three - they were enjoyed at the time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, what a fabulous cake! You are are woman of many talents! Congratulations on a great site

4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home