Monday, September 04, 2006

Swirling-along

This past weekend, being the first one in September, was not only the first weekend of Spring but also Father's Day. As our children are all involved in individual pursuits, my darling and I travelled to our cottage on the glorious Saturday morning to return on the wet and rainy Sunday afternoon ready for the family celebration. Our cottage is in the most beautiful countryside (the view from the front is with 'Ambling Along', above) and we always feel so blessed and refreshed for having been there. More on the cottage another time ...

Our dear daughter and her prince as well as our two lovely sons gathered with us to share a special meal. Afterwards I mentioned that I had started this site (with the help of our delightful son). All were interested and our charming one said I had become all 'swirly' now that I was older and had more time to spend enjoying the simpler things of life (I'm still in my 40's so not too old). Dear daughter agreed commenting that when they were younger I was always busy caring for them, so now I can meander a little along life's path. I like the idea very much - I may even change my title phrase. I was interested that the children had noticed a change and glad that I am slowing down a little to take pleasure in the abundance of life.

This was quite a special Father's Day as not only were we celebrating the wonderful father my darling is, but also the 'father-to-be' and the 'grandfather-to-be' as dear daughter has a precious baby due at the end of January.
Life is so full of many joys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home