Thursday, May 24, 2007

The ever-rolling stream


It was three years ago today that my mother died. Since then, on this anniversary date, I have spent some time by water thinking and contemplating. Whatever the weather I love to go by the bay, but on this gorgeous autumn day I went to the Yarra River (above) for a while and then met dear daughter and little Belle for morning tea.

Even though some are no longer with us, memories linger and the generations continue. Life is precious.
"Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;"
Isaac Watts (from Psalm 90)

2 Comments:

Blogger jean said...

Condolences on your mom. I found your blog through "Charming the Birds from the Trees," and must say that your photos are beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. I've enjoyed looking through them and learning a bit about Australia. Your granddaughter is a total cutie!

7:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean, thanks for your kind comments. I too enjoy my 'journey' as I visit other blogs and read of what is happening in other corners of the earth. I was wondering, do you have a blog? Kathy

7:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home