Monday, January 08, 2007

Holidays


We're having a respite from the hot weather - hooray - it is so nice to be able to sleep under a quilt again, even if we also have the mosquito net over us to keep out the mossies. I love a little cool, freshness in the air.

I really feel in holiday mode now. It is the quiet time of year when one can head off, on a whim, to some wonderful destination. Our delightful son has just left for a couple of days at a beach-house with friends, the charming one set off about an hour ago for a few days with mates at Echuca on the Murray River and dear daughter and her prince are coming around this evening for a bar-b-que. It is all so relaxed and easy.

It is a time for pottering, and yes I am making progress with my celebrating. To start I have I have sorted through the abundance in my pantry cupboard and kitchen drawers. Above is a picture of the abundance of blooms on our hydrangea - some blossoms now grace our mantlepiece which I will leave to dry so they will keep through the winter.

More time for browsing through the blog-world is another bonus for this time of year. Even though I visit and do not often leave comments, I do receive great encouragement from reading others' happenings. As yet I haven't mastered placing a list of sites I regularly visit but I may be one of your many silent visitors, your writings are inspiring. Thankyou.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The summer holidays are just wonderful aren't they especially this year as my husband has so much time off work.

4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home