Monday, December 04, 2006

Advent


I have been viewing a number of calendars via the www so decided to write about ours. We started using Advent calendars when the children were young (and had little self control when a lot of chocolate hung temptingly in their room!) and we were living in England. When we returned to Australia these calendars were not easy to find so I decided to make one for each family member and fill them with a variety of things every year. Yesterday, being the first Sunday in Advent, the sermon was about joy which fits in well with my advent calendar. Mine was actually the last one I made and I used part of an old tablecloth (hence the stains which show up very clearly in images!).

While photographing mine I noticed this one ... was it one of the children's? No it was my darling's!

Judging by the crumpled foil, he is at least enjoying it.

I wondered how the others were faring ...

Above is our delightful son's and this ...

is the charming one's (he is away at present so shall have a feast upon his return).

Now that dear daughter is married she hangs hers in her own home but I still fill it and put two of everything in each pocket for her and her prince. I guess next year she will be filling one for her own precious babe. Family traditions are a wonderful thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home