Tuesday, November 07, 2006

In our garden

Noticing the beautiful feijoa blossom (it is usually the fruit that draws my attention) I decided to do a little tour of the current state of our garden. I readily admit that we are not gardeners (well at least I am not - my darling comes from a long line of nurserymen, those with a 'green thumb', who can make most things grow almost anywhere).

This is going to be a hedge once established and trimmed into shape. I've always wanted to have a hedge - maybe an image of "Green Hedges", Enid Blyton's home? The pittosporum limelight is doing extremely well and the lavender is quite happy tucked in behind as a lower, parallel hedge. The pelargonium (or is it a geranium) is self-sown.

The loquats have had a very good season. The dogs like to eat the fruit - not as much as the feijoas or the passionfruit - and very sensibly leave the seeds as apparently they are poisonous.

I couldn't resist putting in this photo of a Chinese lantern tree near the gate when I noticed who had been peeping through ... Jess and Roger (mostly hidden).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home