Friday, September 29, 2006

The Past Week (a)

So much has happened during the past week of our holidays and being computer-free I was unable to write about it each day. So here we go in retrospect ...

From Canberra we continued to drive north. As this is our annual trip to catch up with friends and relatives, the route is familiar, and we have tended to establish some favourite routines. Something we do each year is to stop south of Berrima (a pretty little town in the Southern Tablelands of NSW), my darling sets off on his bike for an hour or two while I visit 'Berrima Patchwork' which is full of gorgeous samples, lovely fabrics and the necessary patterns. This year I still had not spent my birthday money so this was the perfect place. I bought some fabric and "Flowerbed", a pattern book by Bronwyn Hayes, and plan on stitching one of these embroidered bags. There are many other tempting items in the book ... maybe one day.

We met up at Mittagong and enjoyed a picnic in the park. Tulips grow readily in this area and I loved the colour of these.


After getting lost in Sydney (we didn't have a map this year and there had been some road changes including a new freeway) we arrived safe and sound at my aunt's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home