Thursday, September 28, 2006

Happy Birthday

Today is my darling's birthday and it has been a wonderful day. First of all we set off from my brother and sister-in-law's home on the central coast of NSW. As my darling is a cyclist we followed the quiet, scenic route down to the Hawkesbury River, he riding with me driving to meet him but I wasn't all he met ...


It was a diamond python and he eventually encouraged the snake off the road - I came across him doing so.


The creature was at least 7 to 8 feet long and as they don't hurt you we wanted to make sure it headed away from harm.

We contined along on this lovely spring day to the southern tablelands area where we stopped for a snack (gluten free date and chocolate slice with a yoghurt smoothie - delicious) at Bundanoon at the 'Old Bike Shop Cafe'. Our aim was to reach Bungonia Gorge for a birthday picnic lunch. It is a stunning place and we hadn't been there for about 25 years so our time there this afternoon was very special.


It is a dry area but the scenery is stunning.



We continued on to Canberra to spend the birthday evening with his family - a lovely end to a perfect day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home