Tuesday, October 31, 2006

In tune


It was such a beautiful day yesterday and I spent my time pottering around the house - a perfect antidote to the tired, listless weekend I'd experienced. With stunning blue skies and gorgeous sunshine in which to eat lunch, read (Hard Times by Charles Dickens), hang the washing out and sweep the garden paths, my attention was turned indoors and to the lack of natural colour there (ie. fresh flowers).

"Oh", I thought, "wouldn't it be lovely if my darling brought some flowers home with him this afternoon".

From time to time he does surprise me with a pretty bunch, and lo and behold, jammed into his back pack as he arrived home (he cycles) was this lovely arrangement wrapped in textured paper of a delicate lilac shade, bound with a raffia bow. How delightful!

It was perfect, not only the flowers, but that we are of one mind... how did he know? He is so kind to think of me as he does.
Thank you, darling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home