Monday, November 27, 2006

Wedding Anniversary


This weekend we celebrated 28 wonderful years of marriage. Those years have been filled with so much love and happiness, laughter and memories and with our three precious children to share so much of our life's joys, we have been truly blessed.

On Thursday my darling unexpectedly caught up with me as I was riding home and then took a detour (I thought he was visiting the barber) but he was actually buying these beautiful roses.

On Friday he presented me with this lovely leaf that he'd found and 'immediately thought' of me. Heart-shaped leaves are not common, as far as I can tell.

On Saturday I put on my wedding dress. I used to do this every anniversary before we moved to England (the dress stayed in Australia) but I haven't done it since our return. It was a little snug, but it fitted.

In the afternoon we set off for the cottage. Weeks before we had booked a table at a restaurant in the city but decided to cancel when we realised we would prefer to celebrate at our favourite place. With stunning scenery, a fire alight, candles lit, soft background music and of course delicious food who would want to be anywhere else? My darling even wore his original 'wedding tie' for the occasion. The ambience and the company could not be faulted - a waiter and kitchen hand ... well, we managed!

Here is a close up of the table with the Australian Fish Pie as a centrepiece (image won't load). My darling's culinary skills are constantly improving and this main course was 'truly scrumptious'. Over recent years I have been collecting a number of pieces from Robert Gordon Pottery's 'Alice in Wonderland' series and the lovely deep pie dish was purchased just for this occasion. It was just right.

We had such an enjoyable time away and a wonderfully, memorable anniversary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found you via Debra's blog. Congrats on your anniversary! It's fantastic that you fit into your wedding dress. I haven't seen mine since I out in the box almost 25 years ago! I *know* I won't fit into it!

12:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to say "put it in the box"

12:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home