Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A new project


We spent the weekend at the cottage and what a lovely relaxing time.
The weather had cooled so much that we needed to light the fire and what else to do beside a fire but stitch while enjoying the beautiful view.


As it happened I had plenty to occupy the lazy hours as I have joined a 'block of the month' group - Leanne Beasley guiding us through her latest design.


Due to my love of the 1940's era, I couldn't resist this reproduction floral and have based all my other choices around it. Another essential for me is to use part of an old tablecloth/curtain(?) which I have incorporated into my last three quilts. As I have used it on other projects as well, there is only a small amount left so this may be the last to see its lovely texture.


I completed the first mini-block relatively quickly so it's one down and many more pleasurable hours to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home