Thursday, July 17, 2008

Launceston


My oh my, what a thoroughly enjoyable mid-year break this is.


Our time in Launceston was 'surprising' - I didn't realise how beautiful this city is, or how easily accessible, or how friendly the people are.


The skies were wintery grey and wood smoke hung in the air and at every turn there were distant views, beautiful architecture and interesting history,


and we walked everywhere - some streets are so steep!


One afternoon I had the pleasure of the company of Little Jenny Wren and her sweet daughter, Kate. It was lovely to actually meet her and chat away in the real world ... and Kate was so patient!

Jenny kindly gave me some apricot chutney made from the fruit of her own tree, I'm looking forward to trying it with my favourite meatloaf recipe.


We returned to Melbourne, refreshed and enthusiastic - ready to explore more of Tasmania and realising anew how much beauty and kindness surrounds us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home