Monday, July 09, 2007

More opal


Here is my latest ‘opal’ adventure – it really is a time of discovery when you knit with this wool. It is a woolly cap knitted on 40cm circular needles so I just go around and around and there are no seams to stitch. I’m really impressed with the beautiful fair isle effect and am looking forward to wearing it in this chilly weather. (As planned, I lined the previous opal ‘stripe’ and made it into a pencil case ready for the new term next week).

Below are my (unblocked) crocheting efforts . . .

















It is to be an afghan and I’m only using multiples of the three squares. So far I have made over 30 so I’m well on my way.

I’ll close with a photo of little Belle taken this afternoon, I think she is trying to imitate her Poppy whistling. She is 5 months old now, a gorgeous girl with a sweet nature and very active.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colours of your grannie squares, Kathy.
They are very pretty.

8:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home