Sunday, September 02, 2007

Springtime


Returning to the comfort of family, home and routine, the days are passing with the promise of spring. I’ve been feeling a bit like Mole in ‘Wind in the Willows’ as (with apologies to Kenneth Grahame),

“Spring was moving in the air above and in the earth below and around her (him), penetrating even her (his) … lowly little house with its spirit of … longing.”

Our little house has been filled with light and sunshine, greenery and blossoms can be viewed from every window, and a gentle breeze flows throughout. With a beautiful blue sky and birdsong beckoning it is difficult to resist the call of activity.


I took my camera to work on a day of sunshine and showers, the blossoms were still beautiful and a contrast to my May post of the autumn colour of the same scene.

My latest project is Rosie’s shawl. I have always loved wraps, scarves and shawls and couldn’t resist this one. I decided on earthy, natural colours and the wool gradually changes from one to another and a bonus was the jar of shawl pins on the counter of the shop – “my uncle makes them out of local wood” the kindly assistant told me as I purchased a dark one of a simple design. My darling later told me it is Victorian Ash.


The shawl is growing quickly and as it is a mix of mohair, wool and silk, should be wonderfully warm next winter. Dear daughter thinks I’ll look like Old Mother Hubbard when I wear it – but that’s O.K. with me.

An update on Belle – she is 7 months old now and cutting two bottom teeth.
She is an absolute delight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Kathy, I'm presuming that you bought the shawl pin in Melbourne. Could you tell me how much they were and where you bought them. I'd love to buy two and I've looked on line but not found any in Australia.

10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home