Monday, January 22, 2007

Sweet rainy days


The sweet sound of raindrops has greeted our waking moments for several days now. I can't remember the last time this happened but it is wonderful and the plants are smiling! We went for a lovely, damp walk this morning and it was so refreshing and I even have a jumper on as I type ... beautiful, cooler temperatures.

Recent days have also been social days with relatives and friends. A cousin and her family from Perth arrived on Wednesday and we enjoyed having them stay. It was so relaxed and easy and it reminded me of when we were children and our families would stay in each others homes making use of all available space (I clearly remember having to 'top and tail' in a bed).

Yesterday we went into the city and met up with old friends who were visiting from the south coast of NSW. We ate a picnic by the Yarra River, the rain ceasing during our lunch. With only a week of holidays left I am going to miss the ease and freedom of using our time as we wish.

Dear daughter is looking wonderful as she awaits the birth. She is a little impatient, understandably, but has only just over a week until her due date. I am growing more and more excited as the day approaches and half-expect a call any time now. Life is a joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home