Friday, January 26, 2007

Australia Day


Absolutely gorgeous weather to celebrate Australia Day. Many were out walking and I took this photo of the blossom of an eucalyptus ficifolia or gum tree this morning while we were strolling. Families were picnicking and we spread our feast out, delighting in the fresh air and sunshine. Below is my ant's-eye view from the picnic rug after lunch.

Friends gathered together at bar-b-ques, including our boys who are now down at the beach enjoying fish and chips.

All was wonderful and relaxed and I'm glad my ancestors made that long sea voyage all those years ago - even though some didn't have a choice! Being surrounded by such beauty, freedom and space, I think they too would have been thankful to be here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keziah said...

I love the photo of the trees! I'm yearning for some proper sunshine looking at all my Australian friends' photos as a cold Scottish winter continues over here.

7:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful gum tree blossoms.

8:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home