Saturday, January 27, 2007

"Dreams"

Firstly, I would like to say a big 'thank you' to all those who have been so encouraging and left such wonderful, supportive comments. Since being involved with a challenge like this is new to me, I really appreciate your kind words. Merci beaucoup!

This is number 3 in the "Cabinet of Natural Curiosities" challenge and we were asked us to recall the dreams (as in goals) we had as children, then to focus on a dream we have now.

Initially all I could think of were the many dreams I had that have been so wonderfully fulfilled including ... being blessed with a happy marriage and lovely children, living in England, becoming a teacher and having a little country cottage. I decided to include these on my page (the bunting) but to focus on my desire to one day have a beautiful garden including an orchard. With my hopes and dreams over the years I have been very aware of
"Seek your happiness in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart". Psalm 37:4.

Recently I had been thinking about those who tend the earth and plant for future generations to enjoy. It is such a self-less act and I came across the Greek Proverb:
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
which fits in so well with my ponderings.

I enjoyed this prompt and the focus it gave me and although the image is not the best, as in reality the colours are more vibrant, it gives the general idea of how my page turned out. I'm now looking forward to number 4 ...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful!! And the banner is so perfect... like the decorations of a garden party! And the circle tags remind me of fairy lights... Love it!

4:34 pm  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Such a lovely unselfish quote! I love your page, so peaceful.

9:58 pm  
Blogger Anne of Alamo said...

oh this is very nice, seems so soft to me..dreamy like...and the cherries are a great add...the texture of paper scrapping is so much better than digi...

6:59 am  
Blogger Sharon Tomlinson said...

I like the way you showed your dreams on the bunting. It's like flying them out there for everybody to see. I also like the way you come over to see me and say so.
Sharon@norah'S

7:05 am  
Blogger beth said...

ohhh...this is sweet and adorable. The little banner is such a great idea.
(and thanks for visiting me)

9:51 am  
Blogger Monica said...

Awesome! Love how you framed the ladybug. The whole page is so refreshing!

10:22 am  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I really love your entry #3! It is so playful and pretty. Gorgeous piece!

3:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home