Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Absences


What a week, what a month, what a term!

Currently it is school holidays and I have been a 'lady of leisure' for over a week now ... not by choice I might add. At the beginning of the final week of term 3 I went over on my ankle and did quite a bit of damage, consequently I still cannot walk although I can get around reasonably well on crutches. Hence a certain amount of reading, stitching, viewing and 'woe-is-me'ing has been occurring. One small problem (only one?) is my lap tap is still at school, holidaying in my locker. At least my darling is holidaying at home - good timing!

So instead of posting a lovely colourful shot of my leg, I decided to place this recent photo of Belle and Daisy at the park (thanks to dear daughter). It is a much more pleasant sight, even if little Belle is slightly perplexed as to why Daisy wants to steal the limelight.


I was saddened to read that Jewels will no longer be keeping her "Eyes of Wonder" site available to the public (which I competely understand - she wrote so movingly of her decision). I loved visiting her and gaining an insight into her lovely life with her precious family, it was like stepping into a wonderful storybook. I have learned a lot from her. I also used to visit Natalie at "Isabella in the 21st Century" - so refreshing and interesting. She would write about Isabella Beeton (among other things) and for our first wedding anniversary, many moons ago, my darling gave me a facsimilie of the first edition of Mrs. Beetons Book of Household Management. That same year I became the new owner of my grandmother's copy of Mrs Beeton's Cookery Book, so I have a bit of a soft spot for Mrs. Isabella Beeton. Keziah, "A woman who fears the Lord" also hasn't written for a number of months.

Weblogs are an interesting phenomena. I started this one to keep my own record of our wonderful life as a family, but I think it has tended to take on a bit of a life of its own. At first only family members knew ... but now I am aware others do read "ambling along" (which is lovely, thank you for visiting). Consequently I sometimes wonder if I should be writing for an audience rather than myself/our family, this then leads to a feeling of guilt if I haven't written for a while. I still try to keep it family focused but it is a little dilemma ...

So welcome one and all but if I am absent for a while, apologies, there is usually a good reason and I will be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home